Region-News-Team-Black-Logo

Cigarette Sets Yards on Fire

Share this post

Fire officials say a discarded cigarette sparked a two-and-a-half-to-three acre fire in a northern Indiana neighborhood midday Thursday. Goshen Fire Batallion Chief Scott McDowell told us today the fire damaged five lawns, and three homes in those yards also sustained some sort of structural damage, like, for instance, burned siding. McDowell is urging smokers to resist the urge to toss cigarette butts out of car windows. He also recommends using a non-combustible container with water for cigarette butts.... not just sand or dirt... as he says cigarettes stacked up on each other can catch fire.

###

Read more: http://www.indiana105.com/news/region-news/28977-cigarette-sets-yards-on-fire.html

Banner


Meet-The-Team

Laura-WZVN Scott-WZVN Brent-WZVN
LAURA WALUSZKO
Region News Team
SCOTT ROSENBERG
Region News Team
BRENT BROWN
Region News Team
Jay-WZVN Karl-WZVN Annie-WZVN
JAY STEVENS
Region News Team
KARL BERNER
Region News Team
ANNIE FOX
Region News Team

Recent-Newscast

Flash is not supported on this device. If you wish to listen to this audio, you must download and play an mp3 using an mp3 player on your device. CLICK HERE