Press the play button to hear the latest news from THE REGION.
Franciscan Alliance Lake County hospitals have adopted temporary visitor restrictions in an effort to help prevent spread of the influenza virus. The measures, effective at Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer and Hammond and Franciscan Physicians Hospital in Munster, include:
* People exhibiting flu-like symptoms are asked to not come to the hospitals to visit. Symptoms include runny nose, cough, or fever of more than 100 degrees.
* Visitors under age 18 will not be permitted.
* No more than two persons at a time may visit a patient and visiting hours will be strictly enforced.
* Visitors are asked to sanitize their hands before coming into the hospitals and to wash their hands often, especially before entering a patient’s room and upon leaving. Hospitals are equipped with hand sanitizer units, as well.
* Reading materials and toys in many cases have been removed from waiting rooms.
Visitors are thanked for their cooperation to help the hospitals minimize the impact of the virus.