Region-News-Team-Black-Logo

Hand Sanitizer, Static Electricity Spark Fire?

Share this post

Investigators in Oregon believe hand sanitizer ignited by static electricity may have caused a fire that burned an 11-year-old girl in her hospital bed. ABC's Neal Karlinsky reports the recovering cancer patient who was back in the hospital after hitting her head while at school had just wiped down the table that slides over her hospital bed with hand sanitizer.  Investigators believe hand sanitzer may have been ignited by static electricity. "According to her father," Karlinsky reports, "she recently learned about static electricity in school and was playing with her bed sheets making static charges. Whatever the cause, the 11-year-old's hands and shirt were suddenly engulfed. She ran from her hospital room in flames."
###
Banner


Meet-The-Team

Laura-WZVN Scott-WZVN Brent-WZVN
LAURA WALUSZKO
Region News Team
SCOTT ROSENBERG
Region News Team
BRENT BROWN
Region News Team
Jay-WZVN Karl-WZVN Annie-WZVN
JAY STEVENS
Region News Team
KARL BERNER
Region News Team
ANNIE FOX
Region News Team

Recent-Newscast

Flash is not supported on this device. If you wish to listen to this audio, you must download and play an mp3 using an mp3 player on your device. CLICK HERE