Region-News-Team-Black-Logo

Pence Commends Responders in Rescue of Boy at Mt. Baldy

Share this post

Gov Mike Pence
INDIANAPOLIS – Governor Mike Pence today issued the following statement commending the first responders and rescuers for their efforts to save the life of a young Illinois boy who was trapped under eleven feet of sand for more than three hours last Friday. The child is currently recovering at a Chicago hospital.
“As I told Michigan City Mayor Ron Meer yesterday, I  express my deepest admiration and utmost gratitude for the Michigan City first responders and all others involved whose efforts were paramount to the rescue of young Nathan Woessner last week.
“They include the Michigan City Police and Fire Departments, Fire Chief Ronnie Martin, Firefighter Brad Kreighbaum, the LaPorte County EMS, St. Anthony Health in Michigan City, the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Park Rangers, including Bruce Rowe, the University of Chicago Medical Center and Comer’s Children’s Hospital, including Dr. Tracy Koogler and fellow doctors, D&M Excavators, Woodruff & Son Excavators, NIPSCO, the Red Cross, LaPorte Deputy Coroner Mark Huffman, volunteer firefighter Ryan Miller, local lifeguards and volunteers. Their courage, commitment and persistence epitomize the character of our great state and illustrate for the world the quality and compassion of Hoosiers.
“As the young boy’s father said to me, ‘This is everyone’s miracle.’ I wholeheartedly agree and commend these brave men and women for their swift work in bringing this young boy to safety and improved health.”
# # #
Banner


Meet-The-Team

Laura-WZVN Scott-WZVN Brent-WZVN
LAURA WALUSZKO
Region News Team
SCOTT ROSENBERG
Region News Team
BRENT BROWN
Region News Team
Jay-WZVN Karl-WZVN Annie-WZVN
JAY STEVENS
Region News Team
KARL BERNER
Region News Team
ANNIE FOX
Region News Team

Recent-Newscast

Flash is not supported on this device. If you wish to listen to this audio, you must download and play an mp3 using an mp3 player on your device. CLICK HERE