an advance copy of Cook's testimony. Its 17 pages of self-defense are clear, blunt, unambiguous: Apple, Cook declares, "does not use tax gimmicks." It pays "an extraordinary amount" in U.S. taxes—nearly $6 billion last year, making it "likely the largest corporate income tax payer in the U.S." Its' effective tax rate last year, he says, was approximately 30.5 percent.
ABC News: Top Stories
- Show's Tornado-Themed Finale Pulled
- Apple Moved 'Golden Goose Offshore'
- 'Horrific' Oklahoma Twister Kills At Least 10
- Gas Prices Spike Ahead of Holiday
- 'Horrific' Okla. Twister Hits Elementary School
- Yahoo Gives Flickr a Makeover
- DOJ Goes After Fox News Reporter
- Hero Ex-Cop Faces Rape Charge
- Tornado Delivers 'Direct Hit' on Elementary School
- Live Updates: Tornado Hits Oklahoma
Page 7 of 1319